Are you looking for professional tax services in Orlando to solve your taxation worries? You should be aware that some unlicensed taxation firms with dubious credentials advertise their services during income-tax season. They suddenly vanish after the April 15 filing date, leaving you to deal with the IRS alone.
If there is a trouble with your income tax returns, you have to face the task of sorting out the mess or even pay hefty penalties for any misinformation contained in the returns.
The income tax season is upon us. Here are some simple guidelines on hiring the right taxation expert for you.
Recognize Why You Need Orlando Tax Services
Before hiring a taxation expert, you should take some time to consider the rationale for availing tax services in Orlando. Some of the possible reasons to obtain the help of a taxation specialist include:
- You are experiencing problems in filling taxes,
- You want help in dealing with IRS audit,
- You run a business, own a rental property, invest in stock market, and want to know their tax implications,
- You want to make sure you are accurate in preparing tax returns,
- You do not know how to prepare a tax return.
- You do not have time to file a tax return.
Answering queries to the above questions can help you to refine your search and find the right taxation expert matching your taxation needs.
Searching for a Tax Accountant
Once you know the reason of getting help from a tax services firm in Orlando, you can embark on the process of finding the perfect taxation expert suitable for you.
In US, two types of taxation professional are most appropriate for you: enrolled agents and CPAs. Enrolled agents have passed rigorous tests and background checks set by the IRS. While, CPAs are certified public accountants who are licensed by the state to provide various accounting services that also includes taxation. Both of them are experts in handling complex tax situations.
Once you have decided on the type of taxation experts suitable for your needs, the next task is to take steps to ensure that you hire a reliable, experienced, and professional taxation expert to solve your taxation issues.
1. Carry out a background check: You should check the taxation expert’s background on Better Business Bureau and your state’s board of accountancy website for any licensing issues or disciplinary actions.
2. Interviews the Right Tax Accountant: You should also try to meet the staff members who will be filling your tax returns. Make sure that you are comfortable with the communication of the tax experts and determine the time they will dedicate to service your taxation needs.
3. Look for compatibility: A friend of mine hired a taxation expert for filing his returns just to realize that he was aggressive and rude to his queries. The taxation experience did not go well as a result. Since you are paying for your services, you should expect a courteous and friendly customer service. You should ensure that the taxation expert is compatible and considerate to your needs.
4. Validate credentials and qualifications: IRS recommends that you should make sure that the PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number) of the taxation expert is valid and legal. In addition, you need to check that the person is a qualified CPA/EA member by visiting the respective site to confirm their qualification and credentials.
5. Referrals from outside your close circle: Finally, you should try to find online reviews about the taxation expert online or from friends. Good online source include Yelp and Angies’ List where you can find reviews about a host of professional firms and individuals. In addition, AICPA has a directory of CPAs who are personal financial experts. You should check out their site to validate their status as qualified taxation experts.
If you need more information about our Orlando accounting and tax services, please contact us at 407-344-1012. Freedomtax Accounting’s staff has been providing honest accounting services and tax services for 15 years. Our Orlando accounting and tax firm has its main offices in Kissimmee, FL. Our services are provided nationwide, but mainly in the Central Florida market to areas like Orlando, South Orlando, Kissimmee, St. Cloud, Poinciana, Clermont, Davenport, and Hunters Creek, FL. Our tax accountants and IRS enrolled agents (irs ea) specialize in corporate accounting and bookkeeping, tax services, tax preparation, back taxes help, tax debt relief, tax resolution, tax planning, itin numbers, incorporations, and non profit 501c3 tax exempt status applications.