Freelancing is gaining popularity by the day. Many experienced accountants Orlando have now started to provide their services from home. Freelancing started gaining popularity after more and more people started sharing their stories of how they saved money and time by hiring a freelance accountant. New and small businesses might have some reservations about outsourcing their accounts and finance to an accounting firm in another country because of the communication barriers, difference in time zones, changes in laws and principles of accounting, or any indirect issue of accounting even though outsourcing a firm’s accounts gives a company a chance of saving time and increasing their profits. In such circumstances, if you do not want to outsource your accounts to a foreign accounting firm, you should consider finding a reliable freelance accountant in Orlando who resides near you area. Following is a list of some benefits that you can avail by hiring a freelance accountant for your firm:
- Freelance accountants charge much less compared to permanent employees or outsourcing accounting firms. They usually charge an hourly fee that will save you a lot of money. Plus you will not have to bear the expense of any extra benefits that you need to give to an employee. The best part is that even by saving so much money, you will not be compromising on the quality of the work. In some cases, the experience of your hired freelance accountant in Orlando may be higher than your in-house accountants because of the knowledge that they gain by dealing with various clients.
- Freelance accountants usually have fewer clients as compared to an accounting firm. This means that they give high preference to all their clients and they are available at all times to help you with all your queries. An accounting firm has too many clients and therefore they will not be able to give you any special preference and you will also have to follow their rules and regulations.
The time difference is also a major hindrance because you sometimes may want to speak to your agent urgently, but you cannot because of the time difference. This is not the case with your freelance accountant as you can get in touch with them whenever you want to discuss work. They will adjust their time according to your business hours, and therefore they will be able to spend more time on your projects.
- A freelance accountant in Orlando can spend more time with you and they will be able to implement all your idea as soon as you have discussed them. They will follow your vision rather than doing what they want. This will ensure that all your ideas are heard and executed. They will come up with their ideas as well to help you in the growth of your business.
- They will be able to keep you informed at all times about any changes or discrepancies in your accounts that need to be changed. They will tell you about all the strategies that they are going to apply to help you run your business smoothly. Plus, they will be available at all times for you to contact them if you want any immediate answers.
To become a successful freelance accountant in Orlando you need to develop some habits that will help you in doing your job more efficiently.
Working freelance means that you will be working independently without any constant authority to supervise you, may lead to a laid back attitude and therefore, you might slack in your work, which results in reduced productivity.
Following are some tips that you can follow to become more productive and save yourself from any frustration that might be caused by lagging behind in your work due to laziness or inefficiency:
- The most important thing is to work at the time that suits you the best. Since you are not working in an office, you are not time bound to work between certain hours only. This means that if you are a morning person you can start your work early morning to attain most efficiency in your work. While there may be some accountants who cannot start working until afternoon. In your productive hours try working on projects that need more concentration.
- Sometimes you might find yourself stuck on a single problem unable to find a solution. This is most common when dealing with balance sheets or bank reconciliation statements. In such a scenario, leave that problem for a while and come back to it afterwards with a fresh set of eyes. This may help you in finding the problem solution in lesser time.
- Get in the habit of noting your start and end time. Since you are getting paid by the hour, it is absolutely necessary that you keep track of the time that you are spending on each client so that you can get paid accordingly.
- Another most important thing is to create backup files of your work. As you will be working for multiple clients at a time, this point might slip your mind and may cause trouble later in case of data loss. To make matters easy for yourself you can use an online backup facility that will automatically create backup of your data which will be safe and encrypted.
- Use a legal copy of the accounting software that you are using on your computer. The last thing you want is your system crashing on you because of using illegal accounting software. This will not only cause trouble because of loss of your work, but it may also jeopardize your credibility. As a freelance accountant your credibility is your asset and you would not want to lose it over a matter such as the use of pirated software.
- If you are one of those people who can get easily distracted, then the best thing to do is to turn off all distractions. Ringing phones can be particularly distracting if you are entering a long list of numbers on your computer. Make sure that you turn your ringer off while working and answer calls after you are done with your work.
- If you find working at home very isolating, due to limited human contact, then it is time that you go out and meet people. Make sure that you meet your friends every other week to avoid any such situation.
Employing these 7 tips in your work life as a freelance accountant in Orlando can help you become more efficient and productive.
If you need more information about our accounting and tax services, please contact us at 407-344-1012. Freedomtax Accounting’s staff has been providing honest accounting services and tax services for 15 years. Our Orlando accounting and tax firm has its main offices in Kissimmee, FL. Our services are provided nationwide, but mainly in the Central Florida market to areas like Orlando, South Orlando, Kissimmee, St. Cloud, Poinciana, and Hunters Creek, FL. Our tax accountants and IRS enrolled agents (irs ea) specialize in corporate accounting and bookkeeping, tax services, tax preparation, back taxes help, tax debt relief, tax resolution, tax planning, itin numbers, incorporations, and non profit 501c3 tax exempt status applications.