It is a common practice to choose tax preparation Lake Nona FL service providers to handle the hassles of preparing tax returns. However, there have been incidences that raised concerns due to inaccuracies and tax losses. This is why, the IRS urges people to choose their tax preparation Lake Nona FL preparers wisely.
As taxpayers, we are legally responsible for the tax return we present. Even if we hire tax preparation Lake Nona FL to do it for us, it is our duty to make sure it has all the information and that it is accurate. Hiding information is not preferable, because there are benefits that accompany a tax return. You need to make sure that the information you provide is transparent. Hence, you have to hire the best tax preparation Lake Nona FL professionals to help you with tax preparation Lake Nona FL.
Nonetheless, here are some points we urge our clients to keep in mind while we work on preparing their tax return.
- Check Qualifications: If you have decided to hire an independent tax preparation Lake Nona FL tax preparer, and then make sure, you check his or her qualifications. There are people who work as CPAs (Certified Professional Accountants) but they do not have the knowledge or certificate to attest their skills. Avoid hiring such people because there have been people who were defrauded. Make sure the preparer has affiliation or endorsement by a proper tax preparation company.
- Recently, the IRS announced that it wants taxpayers to remember to hire only those tax preparers that use their Preparer Tax Identification Numbers (PTINs). We make sure that being the best tax preparation Lake Nona FL service provider, we provide our clients with the PTIN.
- Preparer’s History: Do some background check on the tax preparer’s history. If you find anything questionable, then it would be best to look for some other preparer. There are several tax preparation Lake Nona FL professionals and companies in Florida. Lookout for disciplinary actions and check their licensure status. Most CPAs or tax preparers have to fulfill the requirement of working with the IRS for a while. Check if this requirement is complete.
- Check Fee Structure: Hiring tax preparation Lake Nona FL who base their payment on percentage is a bad idea. Also, avoid companies that make claims of offering refunds that are larger than other tax preparation Lake Nona FL in your area are. Make sure all due refunds, reimbursed money, or deposits go directly to your account, in your name. Under no circumstances should your refunds go to the account of the tax preparer before getting to you. Preferably, ask for electronic payments into your bank account.
- Accessibility: The tax preparation Lake Nona FL must be accessible, easy to contact after filing the return and even after 15 April. In case there are questions that arise, they should be available to represent you before the IRS.
- Records and Receipts: All reputable tax preparation Lake Nona FL ask for complete records and receipts of transactions to make sure that the total income you have is accurate. This also requires sorting out deductions and other expenses as well.
- Never Sign on a Blank Return: Just as it is a rule to never sign a blank check, never sign a blank tax return. This can get you into big trouble if it contains information the IRS can use against you.
The best Tax Preparation Lake Nona FL service provider will know about these technical requirements and will offer assurances without you having to ask.
If you need more information about our Lake Nona, FL accounting and tax services, please contact us at 407-344-1012. Freedomtax Accounting’s staff has been providing honest accounting services and tax services for 15 years. Our Orlando accounting and tax firm has its main offices in Kissimmee, FL. Our services are provided nationwide, but mainly in the Central Florida market to areas like Orlando, South Orlando, Kissimmee, St. Cloud, Poinciana, Clermont, Davenport, Hunters Creek, Lake Nona, Celebration, Winter Park, Windermere, Dr. Phillips, Maitland, Altamonte Springs, Winter Garden, Ocoee, Apopka, Belle Isle, Edgewood, and Oakland FL. Our tax accountants and IRS enrolled agents (irs ea) specialize in corporate accounting and bookkeeping, tax services, tax preparation, back taxes help, tax debt relief, tax resolution, tax planning, itin number, incorporations, and non profit 501c3 tax exempt.