Accounting Firms in Orlando Offer Litigation Support
Litigation support means to provide assistance in solving matters of existing or pending litigation. Litigation is primarily focused on issues which are related to quantification of economic damages. It is a typical litigation support assignment at accounting firms in Orlando. It can cause damage resulting from a contract breach, which may also affect the economy. However, it can cause issues with other areas involving revenue recovery, valuations, financial analysis, tracing assets and accounting reconstruction. Litigation can also working with lawyers to handle matters like contract disputes, intellectual property claims, insurance claims, insolvency litigation, shareholders disputes and royalty audits.
Investigative Support at Accounting Firms in Orlando
Investigative accounting concerns investigations regarding cases of criminal nature. Less complicated cases at accounting firms in Orlando involve employee frauds, insurance fraud, security fraud, kickbacks as well as advance fee frauds. No doubt both investigative accounting services and litigation support are required in some cases. Many other cases do not require both services as it can be adequate to address the problem as long as things are in place in effective programs for fraud risk management and its control. Ethical work environment with anti-fraud culture should be implemented and should be taken seriously in order to prevent frauds and scams in the present and future.
Services Forensic Accounting Firms in Orlando Provide
Forensic accounting firms in Orlando not only provide litigation support and investigative support, they also provide the following services:
- Restatements, inadequate disclosure, and financial statement misstatements
- Fraud and complex financial investigations
- Audit and special committee investigations
- Whistleblower allegation
- Anti-corruption and fcpa/u.k. Bribery act compliance and forensics
- Regulatory inquiries
- Independent internal controls and fraud risk assessment
- Compliance and transaction risk assessments
- Ponzi schemes, embezzlement and kickbacks
- M&a fraud services
- Receiver, trustee and independent mentorship services
- Assistance with auditors
- Technical accounting services
- Accountant liability
Specific Assistance at Accounting Firms in Orlando
Forensic accounting firms in Orlando provide specific investigative services such as:
- Revision of the factual situation; providing suggestions on alternatives
- Assisting in preservation, recovery of assets, & their protection.
- Assistance in tracing & recovery of assets through civil, criminal & other administrative or statutory proceedings.
- Coordinating with experts, private investigators, consulting engineers, document examiners and other industry specialists.
- Attending to the examination and discovery process to review the testimony, assisting with understanding the financial issues and formulating additional questions for counsel.
- Assisting in the examination and discovery process, including the formulation of relevant questions regarding financial evidence.
- Reviewing the weaknesses and strengths of the position and the opposing expert’s reports.
- Attending the trial to hear testimony of opposing experts and assisting in the cross-examination process.
- Assisting in settlement meetings and negotiations.
- Assistance in securing documentation necessary to support or rebuilt a claim.
- Reviewing relevant documentation to provide a preliminary assessment of the case and identify potential areas of loss and recovery.
Specific Assistance in Litigation Support
Have anything else to add? Share with us your experiences with accounting firms in Orlando.
If you need more information about our Orlando, FL accounting and tax services, please contact us at 407-344-1012. Freedomtax Accounting’s staff has been providing honest accounting services and tax services for 15 years. Our Orlando accounting and tax firm has its main offices in Kissimmee, FL. Our services are provided nationwide, but mainly in the Central Florida market to areas like Orlando, South Orlando, Kissimmee, St. Cloud, Poinciana, Clermont, Davenport, Hunters Creek, Lake Nona, Celebration, Winter Park, Windermere, Dr. Phillips, Maitland, Altamonte Springs, Winter Garden, Ocoee, Apopka, Belle Isle, Edgewood, and Oakland FL. Our tax accountants and IRS enrolled agents (irs ea) specialize in corporate accounting and bookkeeping, tax services, tax preparation, back taxes help, tax debt relief, tax resolution, tax planning, itin number, incorporations, and non profit 501c3 tax exempt.