Using the latest technologies, the IRS offers multiple avenues for you to get tax information. If you have a smartphone, the IRS has an app. If you like to watch videos from your phone or computer, the IRS has dozens of helpful YouTube videos…and, of course, follow the IRS on Twitter.
Check out how the IRS delivers the latest tax information, initiatives, products and services through social media.
- IRS2Go The IRS recently launched a smartphone application that allows you interact with the IRS using your mobile device. Our app can help you get your refund status and tax updates. IRS2Go is available for the iPhone or iTouch and the Android.
- YouTube The IRS offers short, informative videos on an assortment of tax related topics through our YouTube Video channel. The videos are offered in English, American Sign Language and a variety of foreign languages.
- Twitter IRS tweets include tax-related announcements, news for tax professionals and updates for job seekers. Follow us @IRSnews.
- Audio files for podcasts These short audio recordings provide useful information on one tax-related topic per podcast. They are available on iTunes or through the Multimedia Center on IRS.gov (along with their transcripts).
- Widgets These tools, which can be placed on websites, blogs or social media networks, direct others to IRS.gov for information. The widgets feature the latest tax initiatives and programs and can be found on Marketing Express, the marketing site that allows IRS partners and tax preparers to customize their IRS communications products.
- RSS Really Simple Syndication, or RSS, is an easy way to gather a wide variety of content in one place on your computer. The IRS now offers RSS feeds. RSS, is an easy way to get the news you want whenever it is updated, even if you are not on our website.
Keep in mind that the IRS uses these tools to share information with you. Do not post any confidential information on new or social media sites, especially your Social Security number. The IRS will not be able to answer personal tax or account questions through any of these services.
If you have any tax related questions or tax problems, WE CAN HELP! Contact us at 407-344-1012.